Obtaining The Financial Assistance Children Need And Deserve
Decisions that are made about child support can have a significant impact on both your finances and your children’s well-being. It is important to work with an experienced lawyer to ensure that these decisions are made fairly, on the basis of accurate information.
At the Law Offices of Susan H. Witting, we help our clients pursue positive child support outcomes. Thousand Oaks child support attorney Susan H. Witting is a certified family law specialist with over 34 years of experience. Contact our California child support law office to learn how we can help with your unique situation.
Pursuing Fair and Appropriate Support Obligations
We have a proven track record assisting clients with matters such as:
- Determination: Under California law, most child support determinations are made on the basis of a formula that takes into account both parents’ incomes and shares of custody time, as well as other factors. We are experienced at carefully investigating and evaluating these factors in order to pursue appropriate child support determinations.
- Modification: If your income has decreased, your spouse’s income has increased, or you are caring for the children more often than your child custody plan provided, you may want to consider a child support modification. It is very important to get child support formally modified through a court order rather than relying on a personal agreement.
- Enforcement: There are several options available for child support enforcement under both California law and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. We are experienced at assisting clients with in-state and out-of-state enforcement of child support decrees.
How Much Child Support Will Be Awarded in My Case?
Determining how much child support will be awarded for each case is determined by a variety of factors, including:
- The income of both parents
- The amount of visitation with the child
- Current and future medical expenses of the child
- Extraordinary expenses of the child
- Current and future child care costs
We will help you analyze all of the factors in your case in order to give you a better understanding of the issues.
Contact a California Child Support Attorney at 805-777-7371
If you need assistance with a child support issue, do not hesitate to call us at 805-777-7371 or e-mail our child support law firm in California to schedule a consultation with attorney Susan H. Witting.
California child support resources
- Child support calculator
- Child support handbook