Susan H. Witting
Susan H. Witting has been practicing law in Ventura County since 1983 and has dedicated her practice to all aspects of Family Law. She is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Witting is a past president of the Family Law Section of the Ventura County Bar Association, serving two consecutive terms in 1997 and 1998.
She has also devoted much time and effort to educating and assisting people learn about their legal rights: she taught re-entry women about various areas of the law at the community college level as a community college instructor; she has given numerous lectures and seminars to clubs and organizations; and has volunteered much time in past years to educating men and women on their rights in the area of family law by organizing and moderating free Family Law Forums throughout Ventura County.
Ms. Witting has also devoted much volunteer effort to many civic and service organizations such as the Conejo Youth Employment Service, dedicated to assisting youth to become employed.
As your family law firm, our office provides a full service approach - experienced and knowledgeable about our community.
Susan H. Witting grew up in Thousand Oaks, and has lived there almost her entire life. Her career has been dedicated to helping people through volunteer work and her profession.
The Law Offices of Susan H. Witting has concentrated on helping clients resolve their family law matters. Traditionally, that meant litigating the dispute in Court, which we are still fully prepared to do if the case require. However, over the years more and more clients have expressed an interest in staying out of court and trying to resolve their divorce or dispute through mediation or negotiations. Accordingly, we seek the best most efficient method to resolve your family law dispute to attempt results in a cost effective and less stressful manner.
Let us discuss a full case management plan with you that addresses your concerns first and works toward your goal in a most productive manner.
Areas Of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Child Custody
- Community Property Law
- Divorce Mediation
- Military Divorce
- Domestic Relations
- Domestic Violence
- Grandparent Visitation Rights
- Interstate Custody and Move Aways
- Interstate Support
- Marital Agreements
- Marital Property Law
- Post Divorce Modification
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Premarital Agreements
- Property Law
- Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support
- Visitation Rights
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Family Mediation
- Interstate Child Custody
- Marital Property Distribution
- Marital Property Settlements
- Matrimonial Law
- Name Changes
- Separation Agreements
- Uncontested Divorce
Certified Legal Specialties
- Domestic Relations - Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- California, 1983
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- University of Colorado
- Major: Political Science
- Instructor, Law, Credential California Community College, 1985 to 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1998 to 2000
- Ventura County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Ventura County Bar Association, Board Member, 1996 to 2000
- Ventura County Bar Association, President, 1997 to 1998
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of California
- American Association of University Women, 1976 to 1976
- American Association of University Women, Thousand Oaks Branch, President, 2001 to 2002
- Ventura County Commission for Women, Commissioner, 1987 to 1990
- City of Thousand Oaks Planning Commission, Commissioner, 1990 to 1991